Welcome to Pickens County Schools
Nestled next to the southern-most point of the famous Appalachian Trail, Pickens County is geographically positioned between downtown Atlanta and the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Jasper, our county seat, is outlined by gorgeous mountain skylines and earns its title as The First Mountain City. Many say our community and schools are the best kept secret in North Georgia.
So, welcome to the Pickens County Schools website where you will find a wealth of information about our school district. On behalf of our students and staff, we are delighted you have an interest in the Pickens County Schools.
We have more than 4,350 students in our school system who attend seven district schools—Harmony Elementary School, Hill City Elementary School, Jasper Elementary School, Tate Elementary School, Jasper Middle School, Pickens County Middle School, and Pickens High School. Each of the schools has a dedicated site which provides information on the school’s happenings, calendar, and activities. Importantly, our teachers and support staff do an outstanding job of providing a quality education for the children of our community. We strive each day to reach our vision...
~ Our Goals and Objectives ~
- We will educate our students and hold high expectations for their performance.
- We will educate our students in a safe, nurturing and orderly environment.
- All shareholders in our school system will demonstrate a sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Our school system will be fiscally responsible.
- We will continuously improve our school system by communicating clearly and regularly with all stakeholders in our community.