Student Enrollment in Pickens County Schools158 D.B Carroll Street | Jasper, Georgia 30143 | Phone: 706.253.1770 | Fax: 706.253.1771
Hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm or by appointment (lunch 12:00-1:00)
Student Registration Procedures
- Student's Proof of Age
- Proof of Authorized Person to Enroll Student
- Proof of Residency in Pickens County Attendance Zone
- Immunization and Health Certificates
- Previous School Records
Student's Proof of Age
Present one of the following:
- A certified copy of student's birth certificate; or
- A federal, state, county, or school document with date of birth.
Examples include a certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate; military ID; valid driver’s
license; passport; adoption record; religious record, signed by an authorized religious official; official school transcript; official immigration documentation; or affidavit of age sworn by parent/guardian or other authorized person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed, practicing physician which states the physician has examined the child and believes the age, as stated in the affidavit, is substantially correct.
For a fee, parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state’s ROVER service. http://gta.georgia.gov/rover
Proof of Authorized Person to Enroll Student
The following persons are authorized to enroll students:
- Parent (natural or adoptive)
- Legal guardian
- Foster parent appointed by a state agency
- Sponsor for approved International Exchange Program
The person authorized to enroll should present one of the following:
- Driver’s license
- State identification card
- Other official photo identification
Proof of Pickens County Residency and Attendance Zone
Present one of the following (must include address):
- Non-contingent sales contract
- Current lease/rental agreement
- Most recent income tax return
- Current paycheck stub
- Current residential property tax statement or bill
- Current warranty or quit claim deed
- Current home purchase agreement
- Current homeowner’s insurance policy
Present one of the following:
- Current gas bill
- Current water bill
- Current electric bill
If the student’s family is residing in the home or apartment of another individual, the following is necessary for enrollment:
1.Notarized third-person affidavit of residency (available at school) including:
- Signature of person with whom the family is living
- Signature of parent/legal guardian of student; apartment manager’s signature, if applicable.
2.Two forms of Proof of Residency for person with whom family is living (See above. Present one from each column.)
About Proof of Residency
1. Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill.
2. The bill must have the name and address of the enrolling parent/guardian.
3. A contingency sales contract is not acceptable.
Exception: A deed without an address isacceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with same address in attendance zone.
Immunizations and Health Certificates (Forms 3300 and 3231)
1. Form 3300 (Certificate of Eye, Ear, Dental Exam)
A student, regardless of grade level, who has never been in a Georgia public school must provide certification of eye, ear and dental examinations on the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3300. Any child admitted to school without a certificate must present one within 120 calendar days. Forms may be obtained and completed at the local public health departments or physician offices.
2. Form 3231 (Certificate of Immunization)
Georgia Law requires children attending school (Kindergarten – 12th grade) to be age appropriately immunized with all the required vaccines at the time of first entry in school. A new entrant is a child entering a school in Georgia for the first time or entering after having been absent from a Georgia school for more than 12 months or one school year. All students, regardless of grade and including foreign exchange students, must have the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3231 immunization certificate marked “Complete for School” unless any of the following situations exist:
Previous School Records
- Report cards or official school transcript
- Withdrawal form from previous school
- Discipline records for students enrolling in grades 7-12