Student Enrollment in Pickens County Schools

158 D.B Carroll Street | Jasper, Georgia 30143 | Phone: 706.253.1770 | Fax: 706.253.1771
Hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm or by appointment (lunch 12:00-1:00)



Student Registration Procedures

Registration Checklist

  1. Student's Proof of Age
  2. Proof of Authorized Person to Enroll Student
  3. Proof of Residency in Pickens County Attendance Zone
  4. Immunization and Health Certificates
  5. Previous School Records


Student's Proof of Age

Present one of the following:

  1. A certified copy of student's birth certificate; or

  2. A federal, state, county, or school document with date of birth.
    Examples include a certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate; military ID; valid driver’s
    license; passport; adoption record; religious record, signed by an authorized religious official; official school transcript; official immigration documentation; or affidavit of age sworn by parent/guardian or other authorized person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed, practicing physician which states the physician has examined the child and believes the age, as stated in the affidavit, is substantially correct.

    For a fee, parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state’s ROVER service.


Proof of Authorized Person to Enroll Student

The following persons are authorized to enroll students:

  1. Parent (natural or adoptive)
  2. Legal guardian
  3. Foster parent appointed by a state agency
  4. Sponsor for approved International Exchange Program

The person authorized to enroll should present one of the following:

  1. Driver’s license
  2. State identification card
  3. Passport
  4. Other official photo identification


Proof of Pickens County Residency and Attendance Zone

Present one of the following (must include address):

  1. Non-contingent sales contract
  2. Current lease/rental agreement
  3. Most recent income tax return
  4. Current paycheck stub
  5. Current residential property tax statement or bill
  6. Current warranty or quit claim deed
  7. Current home purchase agreement
  8. Current homeowner’s insurance policy


Present one of the following:

  1. Current gas bill
  2. Current water bill
  3. Current electric bill



If the student’s family is residing in the home or apartment of another individual, the following is necessary for enrollment:

1.Notarized third-person affidavit of residency (available at school) including:

  • Signature of person with whom the family is living
  • Signature of parent/legal guardian of student; apartment manager’s signature, if applicable.

2.Two forms of Proof of Residency for person with whom family is living (See above. Present one from each column.)


About Proof of Residency

1. Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill.

2. The bill must have the name and address of the enrolling parent/guardian.

3. A contingency sales contract is not acceptable.
Exception: A deed without an address isacceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with same address in attendance zone.


Immunization and Health Certificates

Health Documents

  1. Valid certificate of immunization (Ga. Health Dept. Form #3231), or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption (Department of Health Form #2208 – available from the local school) is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your health care provider. Avalid Form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Complete for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 daysof expiration.) A medical exemption, if applicable, should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration.

  2. Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening (Ga. Health Dept. Form #3300, rev. 2013), available from the health department or your doctor/dentist. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.

Previous School Records

Education Documentation

  1. Report cards or official school transcript
  2. Withdrawal form from previous school
  3. Discipline records for students enrolling in grades 7-12